Torpedo with a different rear window-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Torpedo with a different rear window-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Now this brings about a question.
I see 1911 Torpedos with a tool box on the rear and without. I think they were built originally without the box on the rear. The box was added in 1912 as standard equipment, but you see so many 1911's with the box on them like in this photo.
Did people ad the box later after they were available in 1912 or were they offered by Ford as an add on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 08:33 am:

My logic says if the space was there a box of some kind would have been available.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Sept 1912 Parts and Price List

#3785 Torpedo Tool box 1912 $4.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

I don't think 1911 Torpedos had a box on them originally. Only 1912's. They look better without the box in my opinion. Also in order to put the box on the 1911 cars the gas tank had to be moved forward towards the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 05:38 am:

Alex and others who state that the 1911 Torpedo and Open Runabout did not have a tool box are correct. And also correct that the gas tank has to be moved forward to make room. Since there is almost zero storage space for anything in the T/OR for 1911, many people did the modification.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration