Old Photo - On The Case Of The Missing Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - On The Case Of The Missing Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Reminds me of when I was younger MAF's (Maintenance Action Form) were just coming into use and there were still a few Spad's in service an old salt was trying to explain the use of "proper verbiage" when a pilot handed him a MAF with the following Write up... Engine Missing
He signed it off....Found under engine cowling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Interesting picture. The pan is in place, so what's missing ? How much of the motor can you see from that camera angle ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

The fellow in the back knows where it is. Look at the grin on his face.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

"Dang it Arthur...it WAS here when I parked it last night"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 08:18 am:

Now if just the head was missing and about to be "replaced" I could see some big grins . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Rich B. makes a good point. The pan is there. Perhaps the head has been removed. The hand on the fender gives the illusion of background and maybe hiding the head.
The facial expressions are fun and maybe mischievous.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:33 am:

I believe the head is behind the guy on the right. Upside down on top of the wooden box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

I have some fenders that look like that. Should have used them. Easy to get to engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

G. R. Cheshire:

If you were wrenching on airplanes when the Spad was just going out of service, this was some time ago.

My great uncle was with Squadron 23 RFC in the Great War. Though he was blinded by a gun sight whack on his head, he used to entertain me with flying stories while we sat in a Model T sedan parked in his yard, whilst I pretended to drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Well boyzgood news we made it down the hill bad news we are walking up

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration