Running rough on mag

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Running rough on mag
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Everything was going great OL Stanley was running fine. Took him out for a little spin down the county road the other evening and he started running pretty rough on mag. If I switch to bat. he smooths out and runs fine. What can I check before I consider the magneto? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Steve ; I think that you have to check your coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Fibers / goop between the mag pickup and the ring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Run the engine on battery and check the voltage at the magneto contact on top of the hogs head. If the voltage is below 6 volts AC you have a problem with the magneto. If it has at least 6 volts at idle and increases with the speed of the engine, you have a coil problem.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

See May 26 @ 5:00pm, Ross L.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Jerry..... which post title ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Ross Lillekers Emergency Room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 01:14 am:

Jerry,
It was May 27 @5:04pm
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 02:26 am:

It was May 27 at 5:24, and the way to cite a previous post is like this:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/758486.html?1495920240

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

oops sorry.......

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration