After re-restorng my 12 hack I have been pleased with the tires and the fact that I have not had the air loss problem with the tubes. However, this week I noticed the front tire flat as a pancake. Pumped it up and the air came out at the valve stem as fast as I put it in. The valve stem cracked at the top of wood felloe. I knew when I put the tires on that the valve stem did not want to go all the way through easily. I had some extra tubes hanging on the wall and grabbed a 30X3. The valve stem would not go all the way into the opening. I drilled out the metal grommet and made more room for the stem. No air leakage at the valve stem but I now have the air ooze from the weak tubes that have/are produced now. In two days it has lost 4 pounds. Guess I'll have to keep my eye on the tire and add air about every day on tour and jack the wheel up when I store the car.
To my knowledge, the valve stems that are vulcanized to the tubes today are incorrect. They are the same size that were used on Pierce Arrows and other large cars. I've told Coker and others about this for years, and all I get is blank looks.