Old Photo - The Train Won!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - The Train Won!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Nuttin a little spit and polish wont fix!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:38 am:

The Milwaukee Road mainline crossed a farmer's driveway on a curve at Cowgill, MO. downhill northbound, uphill southbound. Laying in the ditch was the busted up carcass of a '26-'27 model T,open car, but pretty much like the picture. I figure he got nailed by a Milwaukee steamer on the day he returned from the bank to say: "Hey honey, made the last payment!"

Joe R. Independence, Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Thats what happens when you use oak spokes I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Somebody once told me oak spokes are fine as long as you keep them coated with Marvel Mystery Oil...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Typical water pump failure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vieux Carre on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Looks like the magneto let loose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

The good news, the locomotive wasn't even scratched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Was it a 25 fordor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

1925 Brewster-bodied town car. Very rare, indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Wasn't it a '24 coupe where the b-pillar and body side was bent open like a door?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Yes, '24 or '25 Coupe. I can't tell in the doors are steel framed or wood framed not that it matters now.
No clues to where the damage started.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Based upon Accident Reconstruction experience, it appears the vehicle was struck at a high rate of speed just behind the midline of the passenger side. (Running board bent down, front edge of rear fender pushed inward)The top and upper door frames are bent forward indicating the vehicle rolled over in a backward direction. The fact the front driver side wheel is intact would be consistent with this type of impact. Regardless this caused an Excedrin Headache for anyone aboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Dominic,

I would have to disagree. This type of damage is much more consistent with
what happens when the windows are rolled down at speeds over 200mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:32 pm:

I have to say, thats the worst muffler explosion I have ever seen!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vieux Carre on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 12:09 am:

This looks like the "Found Model T Chassis" posting made by Carl A. Russell and is consistent with the damaged right side. Would explain how this carcass could be re-purposed as a stationary with an undamaged engine, though it may be off a year or swapped parts. Means the train got scrapped before this T.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Rhoads on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 06:45 am:

Ran when parked!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration