Approximate value of TT ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Approximate value of TT ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

as you know I am new to the hobby. got a t or two under my belt, but still a newbie. have opportunity to acquire a tt truck and want to barter some services for it. I have no idea what the tt's are valued in the marketplace at.
what little I know...
complete and original with no bed on the rear frame at all. engine trans and rear end worm gear rebuilt two speed rear axle. hood fenders windshield included. he has driven it around his farm so I presume gas tank and some sort of seat, but don't now it it has a cab of any sort on it.

I presume a running motor, good trans and rear end, good tires and wheels and solid frame with or without a cab has got to be worth about $3,500 ? am I close? I was at an auction where three tt's, a dump, a flatbed and a tow truck went in the $10 range, but they were restored.

any thougts or what to look for when I pick it up this weekend greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

I bought my running TT about 5 years ago for $2,500. Put new tires, seals in the rear end, and a set of coils in it. After a lot of cleaning, you can see what it looks like by looking at my profile pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

I paid $3500 for this TT about 6 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

I'd love to find on at those prices!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Those prices may be out there, but that will take some real timing if the above were bought in the condition in the pictures. My perception is they are in the 5k and up for something mostly ready to run. What you describe might be in the 2k range but hard to judge without evaluating the actual condition. For fun, would you sell it for 4k Pat? Yours is a nice truck. I feel like you can find a complete one that needs work in the 2-3k range if you can go get it. Depends on what you want as a finished tt. There are so many variables to consider. One of which is what you feel is a fair deal with the seller. No matter what you do someone with tell you about a "better deal" right after you buy one. Steel cabs in good shape carry some value if you want that. I guess my opinion is they have gone up over the last few years, but it depends on where you are and what is available within driving distance as shipping can add 500-1000. i bought in the 3k range, shipped and then start adding the cost for new parts. It did run and drive but.... Yeehaw, as it will be what you want, but can add up. Others may lay out the various components values to sort of add up or subtract from the 3k you suggest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

I have seen more unrestored TT project trucks at prices higher than the two listed above than I have seen bargains such as these. El Cheapo TT trucks are not that common. Congratulations to those lucky enough to score big.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

I have a friend who had a TT nearly identical to mine. I little rougher,
and wearing a hideous non-black paint job. He asked me to help him
sell it. I advertised it on this forum and other places for $3750 and got
no response. It was a nice truck. TT owners (and buyers) are a weird
lot. Give 'em a book and they try to eat it. Some peoples' kids ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

TT guys are strange!!! Just sick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

Burger, did he end up giving it away or hold out? They do not always seem to sell quick and the location can be a deal breaker. I always smile at non black being a bad thing. Yes different group of people buying and selling tts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

I don't know if this is true or not, but I've always thought stock TT's bring lower prices than stock regular T's, same year and similar condition, because they are too slow to keep up when touring. This makes them less desirable and consequently worth less.

Of course it's a fact that us TT guys aren't interested in keeping up with the crowd, we like going slow, and certainly we are weird! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 12:55 am:

Uff da. I too sorta joined that crowd last summer and will do it again so the second one can keep the first one company when I can get ahold of it.
Not even mentioning the buddy's super stock '25 TT that I've logged much time in.
I thought about selling my Lucky (my wife demanded it) with the speedy transmission behind but I had already fallen in like with it and so did a couple of my kids. Thank heavens.
He stays here. Sales up here are not so exuberant IF I have my head on square. I would've hoped for 3500 bucks.
Nah.
The wife has grown accustomed. Again.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 12:57 am:

I am unsure if that truck sold.

Face it, most old car people orbit around the car show/tour paradigm.
And without a lot of fuss, TT's are not a very good contender for in-traffic
driving or touring with much faster vehicles. As a result, TT owners gotta
be something of go-it-aloners, or to put it a different way, "follow a different
drummer" than even the already "a little different" person attracted to Model
T's.

Most people that comment about my TT make some particular reference to
liking it, thinking it is special, etc. BECAUSE it is a truck and not a car. My
own attraction is the "down on the farm" aspect of a 20's era farm truck in
a rural setting. I have no desire to spend time at shows or following a bunch
of other cars on a timed, destination-driven tour. I'd rather just go meander
and see what is over yonder hill. Yeah, ... I am weird that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 01:19 am:

That is what I paid for my TT, no body or bed. Paid twice what I should have, did not run either. Had it running in a couple days. Been working on it off and on almost 8 years. It is on the road now legal. One thing I well mention, TT's well go done the road ok even when they are very very worn out. They got used hard and some times for decades. When I started taking mine apart, I was shocked and could hardly believe how worn out it was. It seemed to run fine - just something to think about, I like mine :-) good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 09:53 am:

i'm picking up the truck on sundqy will post photos of what it actually turns out to be probqably lug it out to ks to thefamiy parts barn for future project farm truck or stake truck would be nice rural connection, but son has fallen in love with oil tanker look

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Tim, not a chance. That was his asking price. I paid it. The truck was completely restored as you see in the picture. A battery and fresh gas and it was running. The guy was afraid to drive it, front end wobble. I tightened up the front end and it's fine. This was my first T. Didn't know a thing about them. I just thought it was a cool truck.

This is how I found it. It sat in this barn for ten years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Paid under $400 for my complete TT running gear last fall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Pat, LOL, you really did well in my opinion. Just a nice looking truck. I did not think you would sell for that price and do feel it is worth more, but that is the discussion and seems like a fairly wide range when we try to figure it. As Ron shows, you can find deals with some patience and luck. Lots of stuff out there cheap but not easy to get to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Burger,

Got news for ya' ...

You are weird in every way possible ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

Great find, Pat.
I'm happy for ya, but damn I'm jealous!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Yes, dumb luck at it's best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Hey, I don't think all TT's should be black. A black TT fire pumper would certainly look out of place, and the ACLU would certainly have something to say about this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

I don't think its dumb luck at all. You look around and talk to people and you will find more of them than you think. I know of one right now languishing in a shed north of me. The owner thinks he has diamond hiding in there. In reality, the truck is an amalgam of pieces which are either incorrect or missing entirely. Its probably a $2500 truck. He wants four times that. So I smile and said "thank you for showing it to me" and left. My guess is ten years from now it will still be there in the shed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

Nicely restored TT bulk fuel truck brought $12,500 at Clement Smith estate sale recently

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Like anything, "value" is relative to a number of angles .....

1. If you have a lot of years behind you and a questionable number to go,
paying larger for something to enjoy right way might be worth the extra
dough. Wasting a few years hunting is time lost that you could be enjoying
your "dream vehicle".

1. Finding a vehicle that is exactly what you want might be worth a premium
over shopping around for a cheaper one, only to spend a pile making it what
you want.

1. If just getting something on the cheap is all a person cares about, then the
low price is the primary objective and the vehicle falls a distant second. I
know a lot of "car whores". They don't really care what kind of car they have.
Just that they got a screaming "deal", and

1. If you have all the time in the world and like "the hunt", like to tinker, and don't
really care when you actually get one or get it on the road, you might very well
diddle around until a real gem drops in your lap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:24 am:

ok, here it is it followed me home yesterday posting a separate thread with photos to learn what all the various tell tales are to id the year and get some direction as it's best possible use

april 28 engine number
vaporizer carb
ruckstal axle
21 front wire wheels
20 rear wood spoke wheels

price was right . . .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration