New Peddlers box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New Peddlers box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Ready for finish sanding and paint

Top will be a padded vinyl. White oak with
MDO for the panels. Two pull out drawers
In the back on wood slides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Nice work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

OH MY!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Neil
Where did you get the dimensions?
Thank you
jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Beautiful work Neil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 05:23 am:

Jon, I used these picture as a reference and did some cardboard mock ups until I liked the look.

Ended up being 34W 38L 21H

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 07:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Sweet !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 08:49 am:

Now here is a Peddlers Box !

t traveling

opened

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Hey Mark, or Dr. Bumstead, what was that Lenape Liquid? Is it still available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 07:00 am:

Can't wait to see it cruising around the Berkshires!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 07:41 am:

12 years ago I pulled her of the road due to very worn crank bearings. Three kids through college later this forum help me find a new engine for it. Registered it yesterday. First ride today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Did you end up getting that engine from north hampton area?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Perhaps I will see you out today, my bus route is Stockbridge today. Good luck and have fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Neil
I REALLY like your idea. Considering that I have a 26 coupe that has had the trunk lid area cut out of it, this is a really viable way to get some benefits

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

Neil,
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the "MDO" that you used for the panels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

Rick, that is a misspelling, it's supposed to be MDF board (medium density fiberboard).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

This one is on tbay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Roadster-Peddlers-Box-MT-833-/232288091787? hash=item361572fe8b:g:XtYAAOSwDmBY3Xys&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

MDO: paper faced plywood, used for making billboards, a very paintable surface and fairly weather-tight. Also, usually the plywood is multiple laminations: ie 5 ply instead of 3 ply.
It comes single-faced or double faced (both sides).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

Now that my posting FINALLY posted, I see you were thinking of the Fiberboard-- you'll get MUCH better service out of the MDO stuff. It's a LOT stronger, and takes paint very well. There's a lumberyard in Chico (near me) that sometimes gets a small stack of it with edge or corner damage, and it's very reasonable if you don't need the full sheet. Maybe there's a yard like that near you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Well, I'll be damned. Learn something new every day. Thanks David for clarifying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

MDF not for exterior use. Sign painters use
MDO all the time for exterior use. Holds up
well. Car ran great today for first trip out.
Hand starts on Mag and was able to adjust
For a free neutral easily. Brass needs a lot
of elbow grease. But that can wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

All primed up and sanded smooth. Now I'm at a cross road. It's a home made peddlers box and the white oak wood grain looks good through the primer. I'm rethinking the finish and thinking of brushing it so it will have that not perfect look. If I fill and resand it will look better then my car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

Brushed the underside today. Definitely will be spraying the rest. Order some solid brass Hoosier cam latches for the doors. If the weather cooperates so I can spray out doors, I should be able to install next weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

Almost done. Need to mount tail light and
come up with some nice signs for the sides

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

Looks great Neil, well done. :-) Signs will really make it pop, what do you plan on peddling?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Like immensely! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Very nice!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

BTW, Neil -- That box looks WAY better on your '15 than the '23-25 turtle you had on it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 02:12 am:

Very nice model T! Peddle coffee and donuts. You will be the hit of every club tour!
Or? Attach sign boards to the sides and back. That way you can change from day to day, or even more often. That was what I had wanted to do with a '14 covered pickup I had years ago. But family needs forced a sale before it was roadworthy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 06:34 am:

Neil,
I vote for your machine to be a Ford service truck.

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 07:36 am:

Looks like you need to have Lenape Liquid on the side and sell snake oil in a "low pitch" show. You don't happen to play banjo do you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Great looking T. Very nice work. Henry is proud!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

Neil, will this interfere with your top or do you just not use a top?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

Excellent work! That looks wonderful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Don't have a top yet. That will be the next project
If I make it to Hershey this year maybe I'll find one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

You might have some luck more local. http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/769500.html?1500825692

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

You may have to space the top saddles up to keep the top from resting on the peddler's box when folded. No big deal. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration