Old Photo - Model t Era - Getting On Board

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model t Era - Getting On Board
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Interesting Centerdoor - accessory 5 lug demountable rims but the sidelamps are AWOL !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Looks like a 1920 California license plate. Might be a 1917 or 18 centerdoor. Odd they were still using smoothies in 1920 - maybe it wasn't driven much, so it's the original tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

It is one of the best original photos I have ever seen that shows which sidelamp brackets, how and where they were mounted, for the pre-starter center-door sedans. When I restored my '16 (over twenty years ago), I had to look at a lot of photos with a magnifying glass to try to figure that out. The car had been the victim of a typical bad restoration in the late '50s, and a lot of incorrectly done details needed to be corrected. The sidelamp mounting was among them. Nobody seemed to know just where the brackets were originally mounted. And most original photos didn't show that well. I eventually concluded which brackets were originally used, the direction they were mounted, and that they mounted on top of the molding strip (which actually seems odd to me, and was not what a lot of "experts" expected). Twenty-some years too late, I get to see a clear shot showing that I got it right. Too bad I sold the car almost twenty years ago.

The little kid looks to have a lot of attitude! I can imagine mom dragging him out of the pool hall about ten years later.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration