OCF registration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OCF registration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Registration is online now... What a bunch of, well you know.. I filled in just to see what hoops that one would have to jump through... Stopped at you cannot use a motorhome as a pull vehicle. Lansing to Dearborn is now Starting in Dundee Mi. To bad was so much fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 11:18 am:

They specify your towing vehicle?? Egads, Methinks it is over and done for. Shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Okay ....

Didn't want to have to post here but here goes ....

First - let me just say that I am a Big Fan of the letter " T ' ....

It is the first letter in my last name and the first letter in the social media application I use several times a day.

Imagine " Rump Owers " or " Witter " .....

The letter " T " is a very important letter - great things have happened and will continue to happen because of this letter.

So I have decided to personally oversee every single event at The POTUS Festival .... I mean the Old Car Festival at Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.

This is going to be Great For America - Really Big - Everyone Will Love It.

POTUS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Jim,

Methinks that meth is not a good option for you, Buddy. Put down the crack pipe !

Spokane has recently enjoyed some arsons along a trail where the vagrants and
beggars of town like to go out and "camp". Being high desert, wildfires are a serious
concern, but as so often happens with these human types, they impose a paradigm
of their own over a situation, rather than see the actual issue.

So, rather than address people who trespass, illegally dump, illegally burn, and actually
commit outright ARSON, we have the media and a large contingent of snowflakes and
bleeding hearts turning the issue of lethal threat into one of feeling sorry for the people
who have decades-long histories of making bad life choices and advocating that "WE"
need to "help" them (pronounced: "spend MORE tax money on them" !

As a corollary, some people on this forum want to ignore the actual issue and convince
themselves that there must be some sort of mistake or misunderstanding down at the
Henry Ford and that the OCF can be put back on the rails if the right words are spoken !

It IS unquestionably a shame that the OCF has been gutted of its soul by evil people
who have entirely different idea of what the HF and OCF are about than was originally
intended. But it IS what it IS. One does not wish away a firefight when the bullets
start flying unless they want to go home in a bag. No different than wishing away the
bad people who have pirated the OCF. You can go get yourself elected/hired into the
HF and try to turn that ship around, but short of that (or buying the property), lamenting
what has happened is little different than pouring vinegar on an open wound.

Sorry. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

Lansing to Dearborn is almost 100 miles. Dundee to Dearborn is only 50 miles. Did they have to shorten the run that much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 02:47 am:

They are making a different loop... NO Dearborn involved..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Dave Wightman, this isn't the first you've heard of the monumental,major changes for OCF, is it?

If so, please go back and search the forum for the topic. TONS of comments on it earlier this year. Same thing for anyone else not aware of the changes. If you don't know, you really should.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

A friend who works at greenfield village recently said that at meetings for employees that the bosses have said that OCF and motor muster have been "reimagined" but they would not answer any questions about either one. Pretty bad when they won't even tell the help what is going on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 07:52 am:

My registration is in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 08:16 am:

If they told the employees it would leak onto the forum as they know a few employees have friends that frequent here.

Glad I took 1000s of pictures over the years to look back on! They literally destroyed the "Super Bowl", of antique car events!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 08:39 am:

I guess when one dies they aren't dead they are just reimagined.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:44 am:

"reimagined"

I want to puke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

Please see my response under "Response from The Henry Ford concerning the OCF June 05 - 06:40 pm"

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

Reimagined = fake news?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration