Model TT Dump Truck Project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model TT Dump Truck Project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

So, I think I posted this before, but I picked this Anthony Model L Autorocker Dump bed up off of Ebay back in January. I finally made the trip with my little brother and nephew out to Lafayette, IN, to pick it up this past week. It was a 990 mile round trip but well worth it. I was only expecting to get the dump box and the bare frame, however when I arrived the gentleman had parts of what I believe are the original wooden cab portions and it looks like a newer steel cowl section. What are your thoughts on either rebuilding using the patterns or merging this with my steel cab? Here are some pictures and some original adds for the bed. - Matt

Anthony Autorocker Dump
Anthony Autorocker Dump

Anthony Autorocker Dump latch
Anthony Autorocker Dump Data Plate
Anthony Autorocker Dump Weight Data Plate
Anthony Autorocker Dump Ad1
Anthony Autorocker Dump Ad2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

Some more pics.

Anthony Autorocker Dump
Anthony Autorocker Dump seat

Anthony Autorocker Dump cowl
Anthony Autorocker Dump cowl
Anthony Autorocker Dump body parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

If I had the space and means, I would really enjoy putting a TT dump
truck to work. I move a fair amount rock and dirt with my work, but not
so much as to warrant a large and modern dump truck. As it is, I think
I will keep to it just my flatbed for now. Got my hands full already with
that one ! .... but the dump truck idea always gets me kicking it around
again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

My opinion:

That would be a really cute and super cool truck if restored as shown in the first ad - no cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

It sure looks like you got most of the original open cab; I don't think the metal cowl is very late, as it looks like it's set up for the brass era hood.
That would be extremely cool to restore "as it was." Rather than make "what I Like" out of it.
However, a "roof over one's head" is sure nice in the summer sun. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

I don't think the steel cowl is original. It looks like a newer piece. The gentleman I bought it off of said it was a 1921. I think the frame is much newer. What about using the cowl sheet metal from the extra Closed cab and keep the wood cab risers and seat. The seat is notched for the release lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Too cool Matt!!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration