What is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

I found two of these in a box of T stuff and have no idea what they are. A Ford one piece timer fits perfectly in the outer ring and there is a dimple in the bridge that is held in place by the wing nuts that goes into the indent in a one piece timer for the retaining spring. Could it be a fixture for using a one piece timer in a timing cover for a two piece timer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

Val,

I believe it's part of a timer elevator set-up. Basically, looks like a distributor, but with a timer at the top instead of a distributor head.

OR,

Maybe a converter to allow you to use a later timer on an earlier car, (as I think you suggested).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration