1912 Top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1912 Top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Macky Mongold on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:27 am:

I am considering installing a new top on my 1912 touring car. Which material is correct for this year? It seems the choices are Colonial Grain or Cobra Short Grain. Thanks in advance, Macky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

I may be off base here and I would have to look at a friends 12, but I really don't think ether of those choices would be correct. I would think it would be a water proof canvas type material with grain of the material being the woven fabric. Maybe closer to what more modern convertibles use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

Canvas is what our '14 Touring has on it !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

I'll bet a non-expert named Larry knows... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Look at the 2016 Stynosky Winner a 1912 Touring which also won a AACA National Award. It was researched by Bob and is correct, the beautiful car was restored by Bob Richmond

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

I have a hunch Mike at Classtique would know and have the material

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Thanks for the nice comments David, as I recall it's the Colonial Ford Grain, purchased from Lang's by the yard.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration