Talking About 13's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Talking About 13's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Talking about 13's on Larry's post, reminded me of when I bought mine, which was shortly after the T Centennial.
I got it running and wanted to drive it to a local show. I wanted to check the rod bearing's before we left. Just before I was going to check the rod bearings, I twisted my back. I knew I wasn't going to be able to do it in time to go to the show. Ellen, who talked me into buying this car, volunteered to do it, if I talked her through it. So loaded with tools, and newspaper (I was out of plastic gage) she went down under the 13. She even told me the fourth rod bearing was no problem (must be because of smaller hands). She got it all back together, and we made it to the show. A few days later, my back returned to "Normal".

Ellen at the Centennial

13 shortly after we got it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Great story, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Dan - On one hand, my first thought upon reading your post, was that you just "faked" the back injury as it seems that your back very mysteriously "returned to normal a few days later" after you got Ellen to tighten up the rod bearings! On the other hand, after having met you and Ellen years ago at Chickasha, and from what I've learned as a forum member, and also, reading about the great tour that you both recently hosted, I've easily come to the realization that she is a true "T" lady, and you'd just better treat her even better that you do that fleet of Fords there at your place! .....harold (:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 02:36 pm:

Good woman !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Dan you lucky lucky man! Mine would never do that! Coax me to buy a car nor work on one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

She is a keeper. Has she got a sister?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

You can't find a better woman than Ellen, not only that, she and Dan put together a great Finger Lakes Tour last year. Oh, did I mention she makes fabulous cookies? I've rarely seen men who are more into T's than Ellen is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 08:21 am:

Glad you enjoyed.

Harold, it was for real, can't say I haven't thought about using as a future excuse. She treats the fleet better than I do. I really dislike washing and waxing the cars, so she does it, even the modern ones.

Dick, being a 53 Merc owner you will enjoy this. I was about to order a new Mustang Convertible. At the same time a 53 Merc Hardtop came up for sale. I couldn't decide what one to get. I asked Ellen her opinion, she liked the Mustang, but the Merc a lot more. So that is what I bought. It is still her favorite car of the "Moderns".

Darrell she has three sisters but she is the pick of the crop. The others are night and day compared to her.

Larry, Ellen says thanks for for the compliment. She will have cookies for you at Hershey.

I was in trouble the first time she read this post, now I will be in trouble again when she reads it. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 09:13 am:

It was worth a shot.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration