Rajo speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rajo speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

I attended an event yesterday and this car was on display. Didn't get to talk to the owner, so I can't tell you any more.

Can anyone guess the seat material ?

There were several other interesting cars in the line-up, but they weren't T's. I'll post the remainder in a separate thread with appropriate "OT" designation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Lol the seat material looks like Crown Royal bags.

DU-4 magneto for ignition, Rajo "C" head, and a Winfield carb, I bet she runs along pretty quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

Right on all counts, Seth !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Model 30 Rajo, these are the early Rajo heads from around 1921.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

No info on the DO Fronty in the background?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Sorry, Seth, Kevin has it right. The Model 30 was the first one Rajo came out with in 1919. It has a single intake port in the center of the left side, and four exhaust ports on the same side. The Model C head (introduced in 1922) also had five ports on the left, but two were intake and three were exhaust. The manifold on this head shows the single intake.

Here's a shot of the ports on my Model 30 head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Huh! Ok cool. I didn't realize there were two heads that looked so similar but were so different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Here's a shot of the ports on the C head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

I've seen this at the hillclimb in santa margarita really cool car, I think one of the Jurgin boys own it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Not to be Nit-picky, but this C Head was also called a 35, and RAJO made two models. The early one had the cut-away section on the side for cap screws(like Dave Barker mentioned just above) and the later one had all four manifold bolts the same length as shown above.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration