T&A cross

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T&A cross
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Friday i was at Menards and what was parked in the lot but a 26/27 roadster. I had to look it over I am just starting to get it T's Been soaking up as much as possible from this site. well the fist thing is it had a front bumper, mechanical brakes,rear bumper, wrong type rear end, 3 speed tranny, someone had put a T body on a A running gear Is this done often? wheel base and width looked real close, Did a T come with a rumble seat? It looked like a nice touring rig.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 07:31 am:

The hop up crowd has been putting 26/27 roadsters on A chassis since at least the 40's to get the beauty of the T and the sturdiness of the A chassis, often fitted with a flathead V8. The T chassis is too flexible for anything more than a '37-'39 V8-60 - and would need even more upgrades for proper braking.

There were different aftermarket kits sold back in the 20's to convert '26/'27 roadsters and sometime coupes to rumble seats. A modern repro version has also been sold. It's not too hard to make for any one capable of restoring a car, but the space is limited - more like a child's seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 07:39 am:

Thank you for the info. It sure looked like a interesting modification. I like my model A but I will still keep looking for a real T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 08:19 am:

Joe, I would say that is Norma's T/A. Was it maroon? He's had that car for years. Makes the purists have a seizure right there on the spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 09:01 am:

I have-had one. My son went to look at a '29 Model A roadster project that turned out to be one of these. The frame weighs more than a conventional Model A frame and the radiator is an abomination. The previous owner made many compromises before giving up on it.

I removed the body, disassembled the chassis and set aside the various shortened parts. I am dedicating my future retirement to setting it right as the Good Ford intended.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration