Need help with identification and approximate value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need help with identification and approximate value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Recently aquired this from a friend's property. It's been sitting for MANY years. Motor, transmission, axles,& frame are still there. Firewall, split windshield, doors are there, as are some other unknown parts shown. What is something like this worth, and how do I identify what it is exactly? I'm working on resizing pics for upload.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Remains of 26 T Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Does the engine turn with the crank?Has it sat outside and gotten water in the crankcase? Is the engine block cracked? Is there a title? A good windshield needing new glass is maybe a couple hundred bucks.Maybe.An unknown quantity engine,similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

I was able to turn the engine a bit with the crank but there was some significant resistance. it has definitely been exposed to the elements. The block looks to be solid with no cracks. There wasn't any paperwork with it so I have no ideal on year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

One of the ways l judge a non running,sat forever T is by spring sag and shackle wear.This one looks pretty good.That cowl across the back is not part of it.
I will stick my neck out.
If l were looking to build a open truck or speedster, and that was CLOSE to me,a thousand bucks for what is there would be my limit.IF the engine turns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

Thank you, that at least gives me a ball park. How would I find out year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vieux Carre on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

I agree with Jim. We did indeed purchase a 1926 T for 1000 and it was close to us in about the same condition. Looks like you have and gas tank under the cowl, starter, water pump (not worth restoring), surviving demount rims, generator, carb, manifolds. Personally, I would restore the car, but you could part it out. Plugs still in head is a plus. Get the serial number off the engine, above water inlet and you will learn what day it was made. Hopefully it matches the number stamped on the top of the frame (not sub-frame)on right side below the passenger door.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

There is a serial number on the drivers side of the block right above the accessory water pump.Also on too of the passenger frame rail behind the motor mount.As l said above,it is a 1926,or possibly 27 Touring as they are the same except minor details.Any fenders around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

I have a pile of different parts. It's too dark now but I'll try to photograph everything and get some Vin numbers tomorrow. Thanks for all the help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 12:25 am:

Hi Jeremy, looks like you are in Nevada, What part? I'm in Henderson. I am interested. Thanks John 702-353-4436

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 12:36 am:

It looks like to me 26/27 roaster pickup
I can See 4 holes where the Break light bracket was attached to the back of the body Frame

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 12:52 am:

John, I'm in Sandy Valley, about 40 min from Henderson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Burt on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:47 am:

You all were spot on. Both the engine and frame are 1926, however engine has been changed at some point.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration