Model T and a surprise - I think this is 1935

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T and a surprise - I think this is 1935
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill in Stamford, CT on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:12 am:

This is one of my favorite historical photos for a couple reasons - it's from my current house, it has a Model T in it and there's a surprise in the sky.

The photo below was given to me by the son of the original owner of my house in Stamford, CT. This is his father's Model T. The garage still stands, and ironically, my Model T sits essentially 5' in front of the one pictured.

That's part of the story. The other part is that this photo is taken looking South from the Connecticut Shore over Long Island Sound. If you look up towards the top 3rd of the photo, you will see a horizontal shadow type image. This was a Zeppelin - probably heading to / from Lakehurst, NJ. I think that only Graf Zeppelin and the Hindenburg were coming to the USA so it must be one of those.

I just found this on my computer and got excited to post it. There's a chance I've posted before. If so, sorry, but it's still pretty neat to see - even if "again".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Thanks for the reminder of a great pic and story! :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/674560.html?1473709859

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Like !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Great pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Wow...how nifty is that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 11:06 am:

I'd love to see a current shot from the same spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

I thought it was going to be another one of those unexplained UFO in the sky pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill in Stamford, CT on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Here you go Don. I didn't include as much sky as in the original, but rest assured that part hasn't changed too much.

I took my T over to a different garage which is a better place to do the work I need to do on it. But that side of the garage is her permanent home.

The rest of the mess is just that. 16' Diesel / Jet Rigid Inflatable Boat that basically needs to become someone else's "project boat". It's not a big project, but definitely not "my" project. The planter box is because my driveway is the only place that gets enough sun grow vegetables. I have to be able to roll it out of the way. The rest of the junk is mainly because until I get that boat out of here, it just doesn't matter. My other Rigid Inflatable (26' Diesel sterndrive) is blocking the exit. Ugh. Too many mechanical things that need mechanical work. Trying to simplify the fleet and bring some normalcy to life.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration