Old Photo - Model T Era - Colorado Springs,Pikes Peak Ave

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Colorado Springs,Pikes Peak Ave
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:54 am:

I'll bet the modern view really suffers compared to this pic! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 11:25 am:

And here is what it looks like today.

OK. Maybe not Today. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Richard I know that as we progress through the years some gaps may appear in our memory but I think that was about 57 years ago!
But doesn’t that seem like yesterday?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Postcard from 1954 ? I think there are no newer cars in the picture. I wonder how much change in the past 63 years ? That interval is longer than between the pictures posted !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

My mind is still in a 50's 60's mode. When youngsters ask if I'm the guy with the old pickup I always think they mean the C-cab not the '65. When Elwood P. Dowd said "I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it" he was certainly justified.

Try this one on. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Neat !! Going back another 10-12 years ? Not much change at all. I'm still sore they remodeled the "Rialto" when they changed the name of the movie house to "Ute". Oh well.
(Now i'm almost scared to see what this view looks like today!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

You're not going to like it . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

You're right, I don't. Sigh. I miss the old days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

The mountains have changed too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

The beautiful building at the end of the street is gone now, that's for sure. :-(

It looks to me like the modern view needs to move forward a few blocks to get the same perspective as the older pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Looks like the same building in the middle way at the end of the street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 02:36 pm:

The beautiful building at the end of the street is the Antlers Hotel. "The first Antlers Hotel was built in 1883 and burned down in 1898.
The second Antlers Hotel, completed in 1901, was torn down in 1964."
Sad what we are seeing is some modern thing built at the turn of the centry. :-) :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlers_Hotel_(Colorado)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Just think, they'll be pining for the view in that last picture 100 years from now on the antique Toyota Corolla forum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Fred - the mountains haven't changed. The old pictures are through what appears to be a medium telephoto lens. Google StreetView uses wide angle lenses. It's nearly impossible to get the same perspective.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration