Spartan Quad Air Horn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Spartan Quad Air Horn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

Is there any documentation or repair information available for a Spartan Quad Air Horn?

A friend has two sets and he would like to get one set to function, with no details available on how it works or should operate.

The tag is not quite readable to even determine the model number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

I can't help you much, but I believe the horn company was spelled with an O: "Sparton"

That may help with web searches at least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Well, it is readable enough to know it's a 6 volt model. IF that's pealing nickel plating, it was a fairly fancy model. Can't tell if it just honks all four at once, or does them in some sequence. Very careful disassembly and inspection will probably tell you what you need to know to make it work. Other than the air compressor, not a lot to go wrong with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Hello James This is a Sparton music aire horn from 1940-1941 the 188? is the song it plays it has a motor which turns a cam and a pump which plays the song. because of the 4 horns you must unscrew the short one to get the cover off this is where the motor and the cam are the plate with the 7 screws is the access to the pump I do have some paper on the older horns for tuning I will have to find it Give me a day or 2 I know some horn where for one car in 41 Chrysler had the campbells are coming for the Highlanders Cheers colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

this is a bit fuzzy but you get the ideathis is the older horn but the function is the same

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration