Shipping from canada

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Shipping from canada
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Trying to get an short block & transmission shipped from Calgary area to NY and running into many roadblocks. Tried Fastenal and they don't ship across the border. Got a reasonable rate from freight company but when I was trying to seal the deal they asked about my customs broker, which I had no idea. So I get bounced around by a few different companies and find someone that offers what I need. Shipping will be $300 and the customs paperwork will be over $550, total of $880 to ship a short block. Anyone got a better way before I give up? Already paid for the short block. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Brian, I see that you are in NY. I'd get the seller to ship it to Cornwall Ontario via Bus Parcel Express to their terminal there. Might be a nice drive up to Cornwall to pick it up although you will need some paperwork at U.S.Customs. Usually the U.S. customs guys are pretty lenient with American citizens bringing in old car parts. Good luck : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

How about a delivery to Whitefish for the National Tours? Easy cross with another car..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

I had a buddy with a passport pick up a 26 roadster for me in Canada last year. He bought the car for me and hauled it back in my trailer. No questions asked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Anyone in the Kingston ON Canada area or North toward wellesly island bridge that I could ship to and then pick up at your place? I could cross at Wellesley island, only about 3 hours away. Would compensate foryour time. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 12:05 am:

Bruce and Brian
The bus will only take a maximum of 100 lb package. UPS is a option to consider

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 06:51 am:

550 for paperwork???? It takes 10 minutes max to fill out. Id suggest ups. Get the seller to arrange it. Otherwise you look like an importer (headaches). I've shipped large parts that way with zero issues

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Brian : I'm in Kemptville Ontario, about 20 miles North of the Ogdensburg NY border crossing. I'm not in good enough shape to be man-handling a motor and transmission, but if it can be dropped off at my place you can pick it up here. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Brian : Forgot to say that I don't need any compensation , just glad to help another "T" guy. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

I went into Canada this spring and picked up a complete running motor and crossed back in ,no questions , no problems. Also picked up some forked electric lights best of all met some real nice people along the way. I am going back first week of August , PM me if I am help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Brian I posted a reply in the classifieds, but will post here also. I brought a complete 08 SR in the back of my pickup from Calgary that I purchased from Les a few years back. No paperwork other than the bill of sale from Les and no hassle. As Rob says, the concern is that you look like you are doing business across the border, so as long as you make it clear it is for your use no problem. Les the SR is getting close, engine and trans done, chassis done, hoping to fire her up this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Bruce I sent you a pm to discuss my issues and options. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration