Anyone going to the 2017 Montana 500?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone going to the 2017 Montana 500?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Just a couple of weeks left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX0r7WhaF7M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

I plan to come over and observe and play around in the touring class. Hope you have a good turnout of competitors to keep you on your game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

I'll be there with the Rocky Mountain Club spring tour. Should see you all for a couple of days of the 500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 01:52 am:

I'll be there, flying out of Christchurch tomorrow. Just watching at this stage....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Where is it this year? I haven't got any notices of it for quite awhile, probably need to pay my dues. I went on it in 1964, 65, 66 with Joe Herbst and then off and on for a few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Stan, it is in Missoula this year.

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/indexnonrefresh.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

I'm going!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

I sure am glad someone will be there with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

I have $5 that Bill will win it this year!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 12:05 am:

!I'm considering going, if I can get my T to run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 02:49 am:

Darn, It is Really starting to look like nobody from SoCal will be attending the run this year either. Lots of last minute Major troubles with getting cars to start and run longer than a few minutes.

I'm feeling really bad cause I'm not going to able to attend because of some issues with my wife and my car is running perfect and really fast!

Hope somebody is able to show cause it'll be starting in just a couple of days!! Have a great Race.

Good luck Tom getting your car going!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 03:24 am:

I am going to Fairfield tomorrow. Does that count ?

Does Fairfield do a 500 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 03:54 am:

Yards?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Always a smart guy in the bunch !

I will have you know this old dog now cruises along at a comfortable
35 or so, and if I want to revisit the old shake and rattle days of 7:1 gear
vibration, I can push it up toward 40 !

Federal authorities have visited twice now, threatening legal trouble if
I continue to break the sound barrier and cause those thunderous booms
in urban areas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Gene - any word from Sergio? Is he going? We ought to make sure he has directions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

I talked to Sergio. He indicated that he was going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

I'm just loading up the trailer now. I hope I'm not the only tour car there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

I think Sergio was in Mexico but is supposed to be back in time to go. Dan sorry I won't get to see you and talk about Iowa. Received word that Dennis Powers will be heading out soon from the Des Moines area. Guess his corn is all planted and doing fine growing while he's gone.
Good Luck to all have safe trips and a fun run. I've spent the last couple of days at Garrett's house helping him with some tech issues but had to leave. We still couldn't drive his car when I left so I hope he can get it figured out real soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 10:52 am:

I'm not going but sure would like to!!! Maybe some day if the stars all align, it sure would be fun.
BTW, I will, and I'm sure many others also, will be watching for the daily reports and pictures - the more the merrier.

Many thanks to all those who post the information.

Someday.....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

The latest news for Garrett and his Green Team touring machine is that I finished helping him with a couple of speed improvements that should push him into the Future for a Montana 500 Touring car. Not sure if he'll ever hit that 82MPH mark that's required to get there but always improving... LOL

Good Luck to all and have a Safe race.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

For those going, remember there is a "pre-run checklist" that y'all should fill out.

Mike.

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/checklist/2017inspection.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Thanks Mike for posting that.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 11:19 am:

As an alternative event, Spokane will be hosting the annual
"Everyone Has Gone to the Montana 500 Ghost Town" drill.
Event organizers say that to participate, all your friends leave
town and you just mope around, waiting for them to come back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 11:23 am:

My T is running, sort of. I should be there Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:24 am:

Twenty or so trophy class cars showed up on Saturday along with a handful of touring class cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:30 am:

After years of watching the posts here on the forum about the Montana 500 and regretting I'd never even see it, I am now in South Dakota as part of a western road trip and will be in Missoula Tuesday. Not in a T, but at least I'll be able to see the cars and some of the people I've seen on the forum and never met.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Good on you Dick,have fun!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

We expect pictures Dick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Say hi to the guys for me this year.

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and your likely to get a ride in one of the cars for at least one leg if your up to a little thrill.

It's one of the fun events for Fast stock Model T's. Who said it's not fun to go Fast in a T????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Good luck to all the participants. Have a safe and enjoyable endurance run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Drive carefully (however fast!), and enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Does anyone know where the Montana 500 starts and finishes each day. I'm in Missoula and checked into the hotel next to the HQ hotel but no one at the hotel knows anything about the race.

Dick Lodge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Dick, Did you go to the My Place hotel at 2951 Expo Parkway?
The people at the registration may not know anything but someone will be there after the race today and there should be lots of Trailers parked there.

Let us know if you don't find anyone.

It started today at 9 am and probably very close to the hotel or interstate if the hotel is a distance from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Hey, Dick -- If you ever find the race, please take lots of pictures and share them here with all of us poor unwashed types. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Meanwhile, back at The Ranch .....

Wormy the Cat is large and in charge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

Mike, finally got some pictures but will have to wait to post them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Glad you found the group! I heard that Garrett Green has new sponsor this year, Some Mexican beer company?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 05:10 am:

Hoping to attend this kind of event soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Got a number of pictures and videos. Was at the start today and drove along the highway with them to the first stop. Got videos of some of he cars starting and some on the road. May be a few days before I can manage to get them somewhere where people can see them. Using an old laptop and having to email stuff from the phone to the computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

For the record, Kevin Weeds made it to Missoula.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 03:14 am:

Looks great time. Have fun for all who are coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Dick, you'll need a strap on that hat if you get a ride with one of the racers!!!

Lookin Good and Glad to see you guys made it

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration