O.T. 1906 Ford Dealer on Shorpy.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: O.T. 1906 Ford Dealer on Shorpy.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 05:52 am:

Photo, listed as 1906 shows a building that appears to house a Ford dealership.

Here is the Shorpy photo- http://www.shorpy.com/node/22163

And here is the building, cropped from the above picture-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 09:59 am:

I didn't know Ford made a two horsepower vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Must be the three stooges making a delivery! :-O

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 11:27 am:

LOL Mark, funny you posted those. We have this stairwell in Santa Isabel and every time I drive by I think of the "yoo hoo, ice man" short :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 11:29 am:

"Bring up ten cents worth of ice, and make it snappy!" :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Those steps have a bad reputation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Being a HUGE L and H fan, I promised myself that if I ever made it to L.A., I'd find those stairs. Well, decades ago, business took me there. With the help of my cousin, who is the head of the Library at UCLA and her research staff, they found the exact location. During some down time, we drove to the location but it looked so different from "The Music Box" that we weren't sure if they were the exact stairs until someone coming out of the house at the bottom of the stairs came out and we said, "Are these the Laurel and Hardy.....". He cut us off with an exasperated, "Yes. These are the stairs."

The picture I took of me on the stairs are some of my prized pics.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration