Need a measurement from a 26-7 Coupe or Tudor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need a measurement from a 26-7 Coupe or Tudor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn - Davisburg, MI on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Can one of you put a straight edge across the A-pillars w/ the doors open and measure distance from one of the front body mount hole centerline perpendicular to the straight edge? maybe a sketch would help...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vieux Carre on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

I need this measurement too, as my front body mount holes are totally rotted away.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Best I can tell, because it's hard to get in there, and nothing is on the same plane (The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plane--so go there by boat)I believe the measurement you asked for is 5-3/4". From the firewall to the bolt appears to be 9-1/4".
However, if the rest of your body mounts are intact, I would put the body on a frame, with the other 4 bolt holes lined up and locate your front mounts by the frame holes.
Oh, my body is a '26 Tudor. OK, before someone nails me on that statement: "My T's body from which I took these measurements is a 26 Tudor." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn - Davisburg, MI on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 06:34 am:

Perfect! Thanks Dave!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration