Model T Ford Encyclopedia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Ford Encyclopedia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Is the Encyclopedia available thru any source at this time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/intro.htm

Now, if you mean the hardbound book, "Model T Ford the Car That Changed the World", there are three copies currently for sale on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0 .Xmodel+t+ford+the+car+that+changed+the+world.TRS0&_nkw=model+t+ford+the+car+tha t+changed+the+world&_sacat=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

That first link is for the abridged version. If you want the whole thing in all its glory, with owners' manuals, parts lists, service manual, advertising, coverage of pre-T Fords, etc., that would be the disk version. See here:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

not to hijack the thrad, but in your opinion, what would be the best book to get for the tt truck? not so much a service manual but a pictorial of the various model years and the design options in the real world

got tt rolling chassis and want to see some ideas as to what to do with it

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

I'm looking for the other book "Model T Ford Encyclopedia" by the same author. I have the book "Model T ford The Car That Changed The World", in hard copy and soft for the shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Tom, I just checked Amazon, as I shop them a lot, and they say "currently unavailable". With their buying power and extensive inventory, if they ain't got it, I suspect it's close to unobtanium, unless you get lucky enough to find one at a garage sale or used book store. Keep asking here on the forum, even on the "Wanted" section of HCCA, and you might find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Tom
The CD version of the "The Model T Ford Comprehensive Encyclopedia" is available from Barbara McCalley at gourmetbarbara2(at)gmail(dot)com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 07:36 am:

Tom,

There are several sites that specialize in used books. Abe's comes to mind and there are others. They have an option for you to put in a "wish list" for them to notify you if they locate one.

You may also want to put an advertisement in the Vintage Ford or the classified on this site for a used copy.

I do not think you will find anything significant that is not covered already by the printed copy of "Model T Ford the Car That Changed the World", the CD version that has many updates and several different photos (including color photos that were printed in the book in black and white), the book "From Here to Obscurity" that Bruce coauthored, and the "Vintage Ford" on CDs/DVDs. As you look at those you see how they changed their understanding of what was done as new information became available. For example "From Here to Obscurity" first printed 1971 on page 147 states the "Hand Klaxon" came with the 1915 cars. But the 1994 book "Model T ford The Car That Changed The World" corrects that mistake. It notes that the bulb horn was initially continued into 1915 with the mag horn used as a trial and then fully implemented by the fall of 1915.

I suspect that the "Vintage Ford" articles would have noted that change sometime between 1971 and 1994 and that Bruce would have incorporated that in his mostly written words ""Model T Ford Encyclopedia" if it had been discovered before that one was printed in 1989.

Good luck with your search. See Abe's at: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?tn=Model+T+Ford+Encyclopedia,+190 9-1927 if you want to put in a "want" request.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 07:45 am:

Tom
Hap is correct about ABE, but be careful not to buy a a reprinted copy. The photos are not nearly as good as the first generation copy. I checked ABE (www.abe.com) yesterday and there were none listed. There are two original first printing copies listed on eBay, but they are expensive. The CD is a better deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Tom,
I have the Other Book by the Same author but some things have been Highlighted
Contact if interested -Don

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration