No hood sides

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: No hood sides
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 10:13 am:

It looks like I might get to drive my car before I find some hood side panels. (See my wanted ad in the classifieds)I would like to run the top panels that I have. How would be a good way to attach the tops, without the sides? I don't want it to look too Beverly Hillbilles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Tommy,

Slide in the hinge rods and attach leather straps to them that hook onto the hood clamps. Let the hood clamps pull on the straps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 10:37 am:

What's wrong with the Beverly Hillbillies look? My TT has had that look for decades. Bungi straps work just fine to hold down the hood. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

I used $5.99 leather belts from Ocean State Job Lots - they look like old harness leathers so they fit the rest of the vehicle's look. Made hood shelves from weathered pallet slats (again, to fit the patina of the tractor) and found footman loops on Ebay (packet of 10 cost me about $12.00). Total cost: about $36

(Message edited by Conversiont on June 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Vendors sell purpose-made leather hood straps with springs that a lot of the speedster folks use. They look great but are too "nice" and pricey (around $140 a set) for what I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Tommy, I took the side panels off of my hood for my 1914 speedster. What year is your car? I'd be happy to sell mine. They're just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

Sweet tractor Ron !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Thanks Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 10:03 am:

I have located a passenger side panel , now need a drivers side.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration