FJ - Consider lending a hand to help out a young Model T'er .... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Consider lending a hand to help out a young Model T'er .... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Skyler Kimball of Waterford, Maine is 17 years old.

But he is an Old Soul who gets along well with older folks.

Lives with his Grandparents.

" Beets " is his Grandmother & she filled me in on his background a bit .... :-)

Oldest of (6) kids helping to raise his younger siblings.

Wants to be a Minister - giving his first sermon in July.

In the top (5) academically in his class.

Bought a 1916 Model T Touring with his own money he saved when he was 15.

Got it running last Fall.

Plans on teaching elementary school kids about Model T's as a class project.

I have not met him but we exchanged emails and spoke on the phone a few days ago.

I was inspired to help when I read a post he made about wanting to teach elementary school kids about Model T's.

So I bought him a 1926 Model T chassis in Granby, CT to use as a teaching aid for his class project.

Skyler could use parts for his 1916 Model T to finish it ( I think ) and he could also use parts to get the 1926 chassis running and finished up with a body.

What do you say Model T Family ?

Skyler's profile is here:

@ http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=skyler_kimball-users

Fortunate Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

So ....

The chassis transport has been arranged.

Please consider contacting Skyler directly to see what parts he might need for his Model T's.

Thanks !

Fortunate Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 05:54 am:

Morning bump

Fortunate Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 06:33 am:

Morning Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:04 am:

I got a call from Bill.

He is planning to drop off the chassis tomorrow.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

Have him shoot me an email. I can probably help out with some of the smaller chassis parts needed.
Richard
rgould1910"at"comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Sent a PM, but no reply. Skyler, you can send me a PM or email jelf1 at cox dot net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

Steve,

Skyler does not check emails on a regular basis.

You can reach him around 3 pm weekdays when he gets home from school and/or you can leave a message for him @ 207-583-4501.

They have a family business - a garden nursery.

Today I talked with his Grandfather Merritt.

His Grandmother " Beets " sometimes answers ( real name Christine ) or someone else might answer.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Richard,

I would call him.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

I haul just about every day so I know the time it took to load & secure this chassis & parts.

It was not a rolling chassis & I thank Bill for stepping up to transport this.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:13 am:

The 1926 chassis is now with Skyler ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 02:39 am:

Bill took these pictures ....

There is a family garden nursery & a kindergarten class was visiting:

Skyler was at school - still two weeks left in the year.

But his Grandfather was there to help unload:

Skyler's 1916 Touring T

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

First off thank you Jim for making this project happen Skyler and his gran parents were very thankful for your generosity

I had a great time driving thru New Hampshire and Maine the views were great and being a Monday traffic was not bad. Driving the Kancamagus Highway was a workout for truck and trailer but worth the scenery. I enjoyed Meeting Skylers grand parents they were very friendly gave me a quick tour of their great view of Bear Lake and Bear Mountain showed me Skyler's 1916 out by the chicken coup. I left with a cold soda and a beautiful hanging plant for the wife.
Lets keep this project going for Skyler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Bill,

I can never thank you enough.

Again - if you need anything hauled - let me know so I can return the favor.

I spoke with Skyler yesterday on the phone.

He remembers that auction you spoke of.

The more I learn about him & his family - the better I feel about this Model T Community Adoption ..... :-)

Those that are willing & able - please do so.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:13 am:

No offense, but if someone doesn't bother responding to a gift offer, to heck with them. A simple acknowledgement would have been appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:35 am:

I'm not sure about 16. I think Skyler may actually be 86. Apparently he doesn't check his email often. :-)
After a few days I did get a reply to my PM (with thanks). He has my address, so when he gets around to a wish list I may have something he can use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Richard,

I discussed your point with Skyler in an email and on the phone.

He is a busy young man, he is in his last two weeks of school which take much of his time in order for him to maintain his academic standing.

He is not your typical teenager.

He has five younger siblings that he is helping to raise.

He does not have an affinity for social media or the Internet.

He only checks emails every few days, he missed my email offer to haul the chassis to him by a few days, that is why Bill had to do it instead of me.

Anyways, he is out of sync with the current way people communicate.

It seems today, if someone does not immediately return a voice message-text-email-p.m.-or other message they are perceived as being on interested or rude.

I listed a contact phone number earlier in this thread.

Folks can leave a message at that number if they can't reach Skyler directly.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Mr. Steve Jelf,

I regret not being able to visit you when I was in your area earlier this year.

Skyler does not own a pair of jeans.

He attends school in dress clothes - not because his grandparents require that of him.

He is truly an old soul.

I look forward to meeting him in person one day.

It's funny in life where you find inspiration.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 07:48 am:

Morning Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 10:58 am:

He sounds like a guy I went to college with. I hope I'm fortunate enough to meet Skyler one day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Jared,

I like your profile image ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 07:49 am:

Morning Bump

Please help if you can folks !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration