OT - 110 years ago today. Frederick Williams is selling his Ford, because he bought aouther car....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - 110 years ago today. Frederick Williams is selling his Ford, because he bought aouther car....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Fredrick Williams of Forestville, R.I., offered his Model K touring car for sale, because he had bought another car....

A Ford Model K Roadster........(been there, done that...)

The newspaper published an article about Mr. William's buying a large touring car in 1906:

And a separate article about William's purchase of the Model K Roadster:

Our Model K Roadster also came from Rhode Island, and it was the second Model K owned by the family who bought it. However, this is a different owner. I'm sometimes surprised to learn that 1906 Model K owners bought 1907 and 1908 Model K. However, all things considered, it probably shouldn't surprise. Ford's had a simple transmission, were inexpensive compared with similar horsepower and features of competitors, and had a great reputation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Rob, Ford had a great car for the time. Priced right and fast and fun. Win - Win Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 12:41 am:

Rob,With all the usable power of the six Henry proved there was no need for more gears and i think he proved it more than 15,000 000 times with even less power.Be safe flying two machines at once!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 12:48 am:

Interesting to see how they spelled "gasolene". I wonder how long and what geographic areas used that spelling? A quick Google search provided no results

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 01:50 am:

Gasolene, that's the English way of spelling it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration