Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

On my 13 touring it has 30x3 on front and 30x3.5 on back on the front it has non skids that need replaced the back look new
And r comander brand. question is what to put on front thanks patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

I'd use regular "drivers". Cheaper and they last longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

How much do you like to be able to read what your tread says?
I paid a nice premium just to be able to show how unique the tires were back in the day. They don't wear as good as other threads either.

I found a steal on Ebay and were perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

The non skid tire from30 or 40 years ago wore very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Coker Excelsiors (previously known as Commanders) are, in my opinion, the most authentic looking as well as best looking tires because they do not look oversize like some of the other "brands" (such as Firestone and Universal T-Driver).

Click on this link to see a photo of my father's 1917 touring with Coker Commanders (Excelsiors):

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/158737.html?1283919766

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

I am still running 30 year old non skids on one of my cars but the new ones wear away quickly. I run Excelsiors on my cars now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

I saw a full set of very lightly used old NON SKIDs ("almost NOS") at Richmond for $800. They were soon gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

I messed up I talked to him and told him I would be back after he set his spot up because the end of the street was clustered ate breakfast came back and they were gone next time I will dig them out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration