Valve in head times 16

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Valve in head times 16
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 12:34 am:

If this isn't the coolest thing on the planet right now... It even has all the trick accessories to go with it!

Mike

https://www.facebook.com/AntiqueAutoRanch/videos/1436272803077789/?pnref=story

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 01:02 am:

Won't let me see it unless I can sign in. One of the reasons I do not like facebook.
However, I am a disagreeable S O B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 01:12 am:

Early type Roof Model A 16 valve head from around 1918 on a 1926-27 T engine with side drive mag and Winfield Model M carb. Way cool to hear it run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 01:26 am:

I clicked the Link, a Popup does come up asking you to sign in to see more content, but if you just click the "not now" option in the popup, you can view the video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 01:43 am:

So what car is that going in? Seems like it'd give a speedster a wicked top end. Heh, with my Chicago and 3:1 Ruckstell I bet it'd make my speedster bust 100 no problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 02:34 am:

I suggested to the Ranch hands that this would go well in my TT. I think
they are mulling it over ..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Mike
That is very inspirational (considering I have the similar one but with the spark plugs on the side). Is this where the valve covers are going? Thank you for the video

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Les,
The valve covers are for another Roof 16 (my roof). This engine is from and going back to Polson, MT. I'm pretty jealous. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Cress on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Mike
Is that the head you have been playing with for a couple years? It does look great with all the period accessories. I don't think it will pass the pre-race inspection on the 18th though.
Red

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

Speed cost money as we all know. . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232360014583?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

I finally had a few minutes to try again to see the video. Thank you for the suggestion, but I still could not see it. Of course, part of the problem may be that where I live, the best I can get is only about twice the speed of dial-up (I am on DSL). Even though I am only two miles from downtown Grass Valley. Also one of the reasons I gave up on facebook a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

I am on Facebook and still could not watch it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

I gave up on facebook about a year ago. Their weapon policy was the final nail. Seems you could get reported for selling a squirt gun and as a builder of black powder weapons I decided to let it go.

On the other hand I still have access to my wifes profile and found a complete 1927 T (wires with near new tires) minus frame, body, and steering coloumn for a STEAL. All running and apparently the engine and rear have been gone thru. It almost make me rethink my facebook decision.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 02:23 am:

I have no connection to the listing, its just something I found

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

I like the later model Roof, but I am in love with the Model A. I love the spark plug set up. Almost like a Hemi. I love the way that the wires thread through those funky rockers. The 1 1/2 intake ports per cylinder is also pretty cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Chadwick,
If the moderators are okay with it, please share a few pictures of your black powder weapons!

I spent 10 days hiking in New Mexico and had the opportunity to shoot a brand new .50 cal black powder smoothbore muzzleloader. It was an experience, to say the least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

www.swabsarmory.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

https://youtu.be/Ld3D-nEnSlY

Here is a Youtube Link for those of you who don't FB.

Enjoy

!Roof Thumbnail

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration