1913 model t runabout top bow questines

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1913 model t runabout top bow questines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

Just wondering if any of you experts can help with figuring out what top bows a 1913 t runabout had.
thanks for the help in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

No expert but I believe the too on mine is reasonably correct. What would you like to know ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 10:45 am:

I believe the sockets are the same 13-16. The bows themselves are not as the front seat on the 13 runabout is wider. Hoping Larry will get involved as he is presently working on his 13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:52 am:

The bows are steam bent wood, and the sockets are oval.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Not only are they oval, but they're tapered. Matching the tapered oval of the socket to the end of the bow is extremely important to a strong top assembly. Measuring more than once is recommended so the ends of the bows seat properly and the top height is correct.
Factory line drawings of the top dimensions can be found by searching on the forum. Don't make your cuts on the money every time. Leave a little extra and "sneak up" on it. You'll be glad you did.
The old adage "Measure twice, cut once" doesn't always apply in this case.
Good luck.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration