One Good Turn Deserves Another!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: One Good Turn Deserves Another!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

MIKE DUFFY is quite a Guy!! I've never met him.

I mean that in a Good Way!! The other day he posted here looking for some help installing a top on his T. He lives close to and had met Vince Iaccino, RIP and was looking to see if anyone had one of his videos.
I responded and told him I could loan him what I had. He agreed. Today I received everything back in the mail with a Really Nice, Thank You!

How many times do we lend tools or books and later wonder who it was we lent that to? I tried to always make a list in my shop but usually forget to post it. Ya, lot of good the list does.

In the mean time..... I've been waiting now for a few weeks for a check from a guy who wanted a tire for his T. After several emails, txts, promises and calls I'm still hoping to get a check and wondering if the guy is OK.

In the classifieds I see posted "sold waiting payment" and have thought can't the guy be trusted to send a check if he says Yes I want your item? So far I've always trusted guys here and so far haven't ever had a problem.
I'm not giving up on my tire yet. Still hoping he's OK and just forgot...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Gene, Its nice to do business with people on this forum. I have been very happy making purchases from forum members. What a great bunch of people!!! I am from the school that you are only as good as your word. Hope your tire payment comes soon.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Gene,I know exactly how you feel.In this case It really didn't cost me any more,but it is the principle of the thing.I hauled parts back from Chickasha for one guy ,after 2-3 weeks he finally contacted me. When he came by he was out of money and told me he'd mail me some for the gas. So far he hasn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

Gene,

I think we gotta trust most people in this Hobby.
We may lose a tire on the 22 or in the mail, but we will prevail.

Susan and I are wishing you and your Family the Best

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration