1915 Ford headlight rim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1915 Ford headlight rim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig E. Luton on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Quite a few years ago you could buy reproduction brass headlight rims. Do they still make them and if so, where can I purchase a pair?

Thank you
Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Most vendors carry them.
I be posting a set of brass rimmed lights in a week or so once my gas light oarts arrive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Here ya go, Pal. -Just click on the link:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/6575BR.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 09:05 am:

We also sell them, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

A detail that matters to some (I am not quite that anal about it). 1920 and before, had smaller clips to hold the lens in place. It did not matter if the plain clear lenses used those years from the factory rotated, so no attempt was made to prevent rotation. The plain lenses were round, and the clips were small. The "eyebrow" lenses in 1921, replaced later in the year by the "H" lens had rotation issues. The factory quickly enlarged the clips and the flats on the lenses to prevent rotation.
I don't know if reproduction brass rims are made with the small clips or not. I would use the reproduction rims with the larger clips and not worry about it, unless it was a car I was trying to get as close to perfect as can reasonably be done. Or I would use the '26/'27 brass rims with the plating removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Most of the real '15 brass headlight rims (the '16 were steel!)have the Ford script on them, and sometimes the lamp manufacturer (Brown, for example). Oddly, not often stamped so they end up on top, either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Most of the real '15 brass headlight rims (the '16 were steel!)have the Ford script on them, and sometimes the lamp manufacturer (Brown, for example). Oddly, not often stamped so they end up on top, either!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration