OT - Pierce Arrow Society Show at St. Louis Museum of Transport

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Pierce Arrow Society Show at St. Louis Museum of Transport
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

The Pierce Arrow Society had one of their national shows today at the St. Louis Museum of Transport. All of the pictures are on my Facebook page, but for those who don't do Facebook, here are some pictures of a 1913 Pierce Arrow runabout with a mother-in-law seat that folds down and becomes the cover for a trunk compartment, a 1909 Dorris, and a 1935 supercharge Auburn.

Most of the Pierce Arrows present were late 1920s or 1930s cars, the 1913 was the closest thing to a brass era Pierce there. They did have a few Pierce bicycles and even a Pierce kid's wagon on display. :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6

pic7

pic8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 05:40 pm:

The 13 Pierce belongs to Wade Smith from Texas. We've toured with Wade and his Pierce on tours including the Glidden in Ohio a couple of years ago. Great car and even greater owners. Thank you for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

Mark S, Thank you for sharing these photos!

I miss my Pierce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

Some more Pierce Arrow pics. A 1936 Coupe and a 1933 Club Brougham. :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Mark,

Thank you for posting these photos. They're all wonderful, but that green '36 Coupe is really something!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

I almost always prefer earlier cars. But that '36 coupe is quite interesting. It must be one of the last Pierce Arrow cars made to still survive. Years ago, a friend of mine had a really late sedan. I wish I could recall the count number. He was quite proud of how close to the last car it was. He also had one of the earliest surviving Motorettes, with the one cylinder motor mounted on the rear axle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

There was a film where George Burns' character had a very late P-A sedan, maybe it was your friend's--can't be very many '36 P-As around. I once was almost the owner of a Great Arrow, got out-bid at the auction (by quite a bit, I guess); it was the Art Austria Simplex Garage Auction back in 1971.
(Yes, I was just out of high school, but going to College in Hollywood, so went to the auction preview and another old car friend (from Dunsmuir), also in college, and I registered to bid--somewhere I still have the auction catalog)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Very nice, thank you Mark !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

David, was it "Just You and Me, Kid"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079384/synopsis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration