Funny questions again

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Funny questions again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 10:24 am:

I spent my Saturday at an auction, and the 1915 runabout parked outside drew many of the usual comments and questions. One lady asked, "Are you going to drive it?" I told her, "You bet I am. It's a long walk home." But the strangest was from the young guy who asked, "Is it a 32?" I had no comeback for that. I just said, "No, it's a 1915." At least nobody called it a truck this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Great story, Steve. Really enjoy your videos and sharing your expertise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 10:44 am:

At least nobody asked if you were the original owner! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 10:44 am:

It's a 32 minus 17

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 10:47 am:

I had a lady at a gas station ask me how many turns of the crank were needed to go one mile. I had no answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Sometimes people asks me if it runs. I reply "I hope so! I hate to walk home!" or "I came driving it and sure plans to drive home as

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:19 am:

I have a 1927 Fordson tractor and people will ask me if it runs. The answer is no, will you stick around until the end of the show and help me push it on the trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:22 am:

I drove the '17 touring to work for an employee car show but people kept asking me where I parked the trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:49 am:

I was in a car show about a mile from my house a few years ago. Someone asked me, "Did you drive it here." I answered, "Had to. It's too heavy to push that far."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

My Coupe is often called a Truck. Also the 1923 Yellowstone Bus. I like to believe people are taken with the old vehicles to the point of not thinking about what they say.
When we were tying the Christmas tree to the Coupe we were asked if it ran. It is puzzling.
It is nice folks come up and ask questions and visit when they wouldn't if we were in a "Normal" car.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Richard it is puzzling, I often think of Bill Engvall when I field those questions.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

I am often asked if I bought the 12 new and the reply is always yes and not I look good for 120 years old

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

When people ask if I bought my T new I tell 'em yeah, but I've only got three more payments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

I heard that a fellow liked to say "Gram-pa bought 3 of these brand new. We finally wore the first one out. We just started driving the second one you see here."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

"How fast will it go ?"

"About 200, but you have to roll the windows up" (not explaining that
the windows don't actually ROLL up)

I all the time I have had my truck, I have never been asked if I was going
to drive it. Hmmm .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

When asked "what year is it?" The best reply is "its a 2017 - they're making them again"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

The one encounter I remember the best was in the category of complement/insult.

A few years ago I drove my 16T touring down to the winery at the end of our road. As I pulled in to the parking lot I parked next to a guy in a new Corvette. He looked up and said, "nice hot rod" I looked down and replied, "nice Mustang" . We both got a big laugh out of that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:33 am:

When asked what year mine is I usually respond with "Dang!, did the numbers fall off the radiator again?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

I've had folks walk up to me and say "Hey! That's a Model A". I replied "No, its a 1926 Model T". Then they proceed to spend the next few minutes telling me its a Model A. I just tell them the title says 1926, smile and leave it there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

I have had people tell me that ford ordered shipping crates with specified holes drilled in them so they could use them to build the cars. I just let it go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Kahle on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

It amuses and frustrates me when some self proclaimed expert, showing off for his wife, blathers on and on about how the car was manufactured, how to drive it, etc. when it is obvious that he has no idea what he is talking about. I almost reached my limit when one of them proclaimed "the danged fool has the steering wheel on upside down."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

I'm always fascinated by the folks who see the speedometer drive and point out to their buddies that the car is front wheel drive. Yup, that little bitty gear does it all...

As I think Richard Eagle might have been suggesting, most folks feel the need to say "something", but generally lack the knowledge to say something informed. Mostly, they're just trying to be friendly and are showing interest. No harm done.

One of my favorites was yelled out as I was pushing my T off the road after quitting, "My grandpa used to push one just like that"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Dave & Jerry - You guys have reminded me of a bit of a "dilema" that I have faced, more than once:

We are certainly ambassadors of the Model T and our hobby everywhere we drive them. Several times, I've had to stand there and "bite my lip" while listening to "grandpa" telling his little grandson, "all about Model T Fords", when it was quite obvious that he really had no idea what he was talking about. While it is so tempting to tell "grandpa" (for example) that,...."no,....that little gear just inside the front wheel has nothing to do with "four-wheel-drive", but there's just no way to correct such a "know-it-all" and make him look like an absolute fool in front of his little grandson! Happens all the time, .....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

One more that I just thought of, .....how many have heard something like this?

"Yeah, my grandpa had one just exactly like that except it was a Dodge!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

I had a wood bodied TT on the trailer once when I stopped for gas. A guy asked the usual questions about year, tires, gas, etc., then while admiring the wood body asked "Did they have wood back then?"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration