24 touring car build question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 24 touring car build question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

This is the back of the front seat base, there is a piece of wood under this base that runs across from frame rail to frame rail.

This is the back seat base, is there no wood under this base between it and the frame rails? This looks like the makings of a squeak, (metal on metal)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Doug! you must remember this is a ford!!!!!!!!!!!!charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 03:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Squeak??? you can hear a squeak over the rattles???
BTW, the base shouldn't be touching the frame rails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

If anyone has any pictures from when they built their car to see what goes under the rear seat base to keep it from touching the frame rails I would greatly appreciate it. Or you could just tell me. Hey Charlie, for a guy who says he's built numerous cars you aren't very helpful, it would be nice if you could just tell how its done. Thanks in advance, Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

well if i remember right the base should not rest on the frame. as the floor boards do not rest on the base, wood is not needed. in the frt the wood is there for strength, as that is where you put your feet. thats the best i can do. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

OK, this is from memory, but the side sills should be thick enough that the seat base is quite proud of the frame. Is it possible you have the base too low in the body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

side sills are 3 1/4 " from late 13 to 25 on all open bodes. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration