I spotted Royce in Dearborn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I spotted Royce in Dearborn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:07 am:

Royce Peterson came to town this weekend. I received a phone call and visitor to my workshop. He may be the first forum member to tread here.

I showed Royce that I only had water pumps on 1928 and later vehicles and we talked cars the better part of the evening.

My barn cam which checks to see if the mouse food and bedding materials are disturbed picked us up as we looked over my '16.

I remember building a model of this as a kid. Royce is in town for the Cougarís 50th Anniversary meet and is planning more research at the Benson Ford this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:33 am:

Is he too busy to read the forum these days?
(Saw at his profile he hasn't logged in since March 11)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Macky Mongold on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:57 am:

What is the XKE-Stingray car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:02 am:

It's the 1963 Ford Cougar II concept car.

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1963_ford_cougar_ii/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 08:17 am:

His profile has been deleted. You figure it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 08:21 am:

He still frequents the various Model T sites on Facebook. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Fred - no, it's still there: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=royce-users

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Glad to see Royce is doing ok. I've missed his posts recently on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Oh how cool is that! Thanks for posting Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Like a mere mortal, sipping on a Yuengling

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Thanks for posting the photo. Royce is an old friend . I knew him in MN as a child. I miss his comments on the forum. I will try to bring up a subject for him to comment on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Royce also stopped by Piquette on Friday.

He's wondering if there are any more '09-'10 Fords in the Detroit area that he might be able to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

We need Royce back on the Forum. I miss the insight, knowledge, and vast experience...
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

I second that Mike ! Royce sent me a pic from Piquette on Saturday of the Hupp '11 roadster there. I was glad to realize he remembered that I still have the '11 Hupp roadster I restored. And I've learned a lot from the knowledge he shared on this Forum..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

I enjoyed his posts immensely and always learned a lot from them. Really miss him on here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

I miss him too....and RDR. Both contributed MUCH to this forum over the years.
But hopefully nobody will spot me in Dearborn next month....LOL.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

Ok I'll bite. Why is Royce not posting? What I do know is that you can have a Profile but not have a valid or current password or users name. You also can be barred from posting and we've seen that happen. So if you know share. I have enjoyed Royce's post, been annoyed by them and really learned a great deal from them. I truly hope it is not the afore mentioned reason of posting. The Forum exist because of its members not because of the club. Royce I hope to see your post soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:09 am:

Another person that I miss reading post from. Occasionally I go to his profile just to be reminded of his little pickup truck and his contributions. I can't help to look at the picture of his T model and seeing the hat hanging there waiting for the next drive. Im glad the profile is still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:53 am:

If Ricks could post from where he is now, he would!!
What a great guy he was.
I too, hope that Royce will come back and post again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

I went by RDR's house the other day and nobody was home so I went over and sat in the Old Yellow Pcup remembering when it was a speedster of Histories Great Race fame and the fun times we had.
We miss some guys more than others and for different reasons.
I'm always glad to see new posters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

I spotted Royce in Grosse Pointe last night. Had a wonderful visit with him.

Thanks Royce!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration