What insurance agency do you use for your T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What insurance agency do you use for your T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Have had a horrible time trying to get our regular insurance company (Geico) to even talk to us regarding insuring my T. They keep passing us to another person who never calls back .. or they send us to a website that is not set up for antique cars. Funny since my last T was insured with them. Ready to change. Anyone have an easy experience with their insurer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Hagerty! You put the value on it and they insure it. They deal with antique cars all the time. My old cars and bike is with them. No milage restrictions involved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

I use J.C. Taylor who is agent for Formost Insurance. The price is good for full coverage and the only time I had to use their services is when on a tour I cut my finger when the lid on the back of the car fell on it when I was reaching to get a tool to turn the oil valve to check the oil. My medical insurance would not cover the stitches and ER visit because it happened on a car. I reported it Formost and they covered almost all of the cost. My medical insurance covered the balance after Formost. They did NOT raise the premium after the accident.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Norm

Your 'car' accident, was like my son-in-laws.

He was washing my daughter's car, and she was vacuuming the inside, opened the door, with his head bent over and the lower door edge scalped him! Stitches to the scalp to fix, but he told the ER what happened. They wrote down, 'hit by car door'! Of course his medical insurance didn't want to pay up...a car caused it...so he had to claim on auto insurance PIP. Go figure! :-)

Oh..my vote, J C Taylor too. That is my insurer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Very happy with Hagerty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Mark - Lots and lots of posts on this topic if you Google search "insurance mtfca".

Bottom line, you're looking for love in all the wrong places if you're going to the insurer of your modern cars. Go to a antique auto specialty insurer like Hagerty or JC Taylor. You will find good stories here about both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coleman-Grand Marais MN/Detroit MI on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Lately State Farm.

But previously used Hagerty for my earlier Y and a 1929 50' wooden racing sailboat. Excellent reputation in both communities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

I use American Collectors Insurance for all three of my T's. Easy to deal with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Had J.C.Taylor years ago, they fought me on a claim for a few months (vehicle fire-'57 Ford Country Squire), they finally did pay up but then they promptly cancelled my other vehicles.

Hagerty since then, no complaints.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Local down the street bang-zoom and stamp done
$125.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

I use "Shannons" for all my Vintage/Historic cars, and have done for around 15 years.
https://www.shannons.com.au/insurance/car-insurance/
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Haggerty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

I once had a crash with an expensive car when I was with Hagerty. They paid the full value hassle free. Premiums did not go up and never do. You won't find a bad word said about Hagerty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Was with J.C. Taylor for a few years and they were OK, but eventually went with Haggerty for better premiums & service, and very happy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Been with J.C Taylor for over 50 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

I have had Hagerty for 25 years.Can you imagine if the old car insurance was advertised like everyone else?? I researched the model T i wanted then ran it into a tree! The ins company raised my rates so Maybe i should have researched the ins company?? Maybe i should have had my head out of my butt?? I really hate that one!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mosher on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

Hagerty for years. I don't know how good they are,I never put a claim in.
The one thing that caught my attention is, if I get into a accident And the car is repairable they will help me find the parts I need to put it back together again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Macky Mongold on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Hagerty on both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

the devil is in the details my eep is insured with state farm, but they did it as a facvor to me for a long time customer won't insure the t war wagon I am looking at taylor and haggartys and some have mileage restrictions and some have young driver in household restriction, etc

I think the consensus is one of the two speciality companies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Hagerty. -I've never heard a bad word said about them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

I've been using Grundy, agreed upon value, no mileage restrictions, one charge for pl&pd, then just so much per car depending on year and value. No claims so far, so can't testify to that, but good rates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

J C Taylor since 1972

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:09 am:

State Farm since 1971.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration