Eisemann magneto drive linkage help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Eisemann magneto drive linkage help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Hi,

I have an Eisemann magneto drive on the front of one of the engines of one of my cars and I am trying to figure out how to run the linkage from the bottom of the steering column to the arm on the front of the drive located on the manifold side of the engine. If anyone has any pictures of how they ran theirs please share. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Anyone? Doesn't have to be eisemann, maybe pictures of a Bosch front plate mag drive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

a

b

c

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Search earlier this year had good thread going then swapped to a cross drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Hey Alex, I have a Bosch DU-4. I'm not sure if the location on the Eismann is the same but maybe these pics will help.

I used a long straight rod from the steering column over to the linkage. I took a flat piece of steel and drilled it for the manifold bolts, it just sits directly on top of the manifold clamps. The shaft that rotates just runs through a piece of steel tubing that is welded to the flat plate. I made it where I could disassemble it if I needed to. It works really well, no play or slop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Thanks Layden, Seth and bob! This is a big help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

Seth the Eismann drive is a close copy of the 3 gear bosch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Alex,
How about a picture of your Eisemann magneto drive?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration