Wedding Photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wedding Photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Attached are a couple of photos made at our daughter Brittany’s wedding last month. In the first one, she is pictured with our 5 year old grandson Josh at the wheel of our 1913 T. In the picture, you’ll notice that Josh has both spark and gas levers fully advanced, so it is going to be a wild ride! I taught Brittany to drive the T two years ago and she has driven it on three HCCA tours since. She loves to drive the T and wanted it to be a part of her and Cody’s special day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

Dan,

How special!! Best wishes to the new bride and groom. And the couple looking on from the porch also look very happy about the occasion.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Very cool. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Hap,

Those are my parents and the ones who got our family into the antique car hobby about 60 years ago. They were very pleased with Brittany learning to drive the Model T!

Thanks,
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Glad to hear & see that Otis' '13 is regularly being driven ! Glad it went to a deserving T owner ! And, congratulations DaD !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Thanks, Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Dan,

I am very familiar with your 1913 model t. As a teenager I worked with Otis on Saturdays learning the ins and outs of the model t. One of the projects was your 1913. This car was restored before he did the 1913 roadster.

Not only did I learn to buff and clean parts but he was teacher enough to teach and show me many of his secrets to restoring nearly perfect model t's.

I learned to pour babbit, grind valves how to time a t with piston travel. Many many tricks to make them run smooth and effortless.

I learned his sheet metal tricks as he made all of his own fenders, hoods and splash aprons. I polished the brass on your car. I sanded the primer and the final paint. I sanded your wheels and their spokes until my fingers were raw.

I would think I had done a good job of sanding, then he would come over and feel the wood , shake his head not yet!

He was not very out going or friendly but for some odd reason he took a liking to me. I would ride the bus across Seattle to West Seattle and spend the day working. His wife Blossom would make lunch and then back to work. I started at 8 and worked until 5pm. Then a 1 hour bus ride back to the other side of town. This went on for 9 months fall thru early summer. I did not get paid, my father told me it was enough to be taught by the master.

Finally the car was ready for the touring season. If I remember correctly that was 1957 or 1958. My family and Otis and Blossom and several other t' families, drove from Seattle to California for a HCCA tour. Yes we drove down and back and on the tour. Those days no one trailered. Lots of miles and no problems.

The next year in 1959 we all drove back to California with Otis taking his freshly restored 1913 roadster.

I will never forget his mentoring and his patience with me a brash teenager. To this day I still use his tricks and secrets to do my restorations, quite fondly I might add.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 10:10 am:

While the pictures of the very nice T are good i think the best part is if you look at the people it captures the joy for the ages!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Brasscarguy,
I appreciate your involvement in and your comments about the restoration of our T. Otis Clinton was a craftsman and I’m amazed at how well the restoration has stood up over the last 60 years. I have always been curious about why he chose red for the color since he seemed to be a “purist” for the most part. The trip that you referred to was in 1957 and covered 4,200 miles, to California via Montana – all without a trailer or backup vehicle! It was to attend the 10th Annual Western Caravan Tour sponsored by the HCCA.

Bud,
You are right – the joy of that special day comes across well in all of the photos!

Thanks!
Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration