Door Hinge Screws

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Door Hinge Screws
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

I'm currently painting my '13 runabout, and noticed most of the door hinge screws are loose. A few weeks ago, there was a post on the subject which I didn't forget. A member mentioned he uses Kwik Poly. I decided to give it a try, and it seems to have worked well. I applied it to the pillars with a Q-Tip, which coats all the threads evenly, and there is still enough of the thread left to guide the screw back in straight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

Glad it worked out! I used the wood glue and toothpick method on Betsy, it also seems to be holding well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration