A unusual carb problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A unusual carb problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Last week I was helping a new T owner with some "running problems ". Others had tried recently and I heard what had been looked at.
When I got there the car didn't really even want to start. A quick check verified that the ignition was working. So I decided to evaluate the carb. I removed it and removed the bowl and float. Everything looked good. I decided to take a closer look at the bowl vent. It turned out to be plugged with rust debris. Some attention with a piece of wire and it was cleaned out
Upon reassembly the car started and ran OK. Just something to be cognizant of

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Happens all to frequently.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration