Right Stuff in lieu of gasket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Right Stuff in lieu of gasket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Buelke on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:59 am:

I'm about to reinstall the Ruckstell onto the driveshaft and don't have a new paper gasket handy. Will Right Stuff alone provide an adequate seal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Yes, it should. I only use a gasket if it's needed to provide the correct spacing, to mesh the ring & pinion gears properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

YES, But The Right Stuff cures quickly so when you new a longer working time use the Ultra Black.

I love that product and have found many other uses as well!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

I give another vote for Ultra Black. :-)

Jerry is correct, don't use a gasket unless you need it to space the pinion gear away from the ring gear. Stacking gaskets is OK if needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Ultra Black is the way to go. The right stuff sets WAY too fast.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration