Best manufacturer for Model T flat tube radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Best manufacturer for Model T flat tube radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd, Victoria, B.C. on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

I'm about to purchase a new flat tube radiator and want to know by consensus, which manufacturer has the best product.

Regards,

Steve Boothroyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

Berg's

Heavy duty quality, if your doing a show car, it's missing some details of Ford originality, but.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

You didn't say what year, but I assume this is for your 1922. In that case I agree, Berg's. Not exactly original in the details? Nobody makes one that is.

For a brass era car, I prefer a recore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

I bought a flat tube radiator from Berg's. It was the best money that I have spent on the car so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Betsy came to me with a new Berg's radiator and no water pump. She runs cool even in the mid-summer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Just got back from a run around town at 93F and my Berg's radiator never got out of the normal range. Good luck finding one better. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Like Jim Riedy I went 12 miles north to the post office, bank, got fuel, down to the city dock (another car show-this time an '80 Lincoln & 65 Mustang were there) then back home. 93 degrees also obviously. My '12 has a Brasswirks flat tube & the moto meter stayed at half height. Works for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 01:09 am:

I have a Berg radiator in my 1929 model A and am very impressed on the quality and how well it cools. It was all new when I bought it 3 yrs. ago and it fit in the original shell with NO modifications/changes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration