Looking for Fathers Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for Fathers Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

Lori asked me to post this for her:
Her email address is below if you have any knowledge of her fathers car.

lori.bachman@cnl.ca

Would you be able to post this on the Model T club of America Website. Please

I know it's a long shot, but willing to try any leads. About 16 years ago, money was tight and I sold my Dad's 1926 Ford Model T Roadster to a buyer in, I believe, New Haven CT. We shipped it from Winnipeg, Manitoba by rail to CT. About 5 years, work took me to Agawam Massachusetts, where I contacted the buyer... I just wanted to stop by to see the car. But then felt so torn with guilt over selling it in the first place I chose not to go see it. I have regretted selling it every day for the past 16 years. I am hoping for the opportunity to buy it back if it has not been altered too much. If anyone knows anything about this car, I'd love to hear about it. I did have a lead from someone in CT, whom thought he knew of this car.... I think the person I originally sold it to owned a used car dealership...the person whom responded to my plea, said he knew of this gentleman, whom had passed away, everything had been sold off and he had no idea where the car went. Thanks in advance for any leads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

What was the guys name you sold it to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Lori's answer to the above question:

Hi Mike;

I cannot rememberů.. I sold it through Ebay. I tried to go through Ebay for any information and they said they could not go back and retrieve old records. And 2. All communication was through email, I was at a previous job so no longer have access to those old emails.

All I remember is I think the business was New Haven Auto or something similar. I have called around to used car dealerships and have come up with no leads. Spoke to lots of nice people on the east coast who keep offering to let me know if they hear anything, but I have come up with no leads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Mike:

Can she inquire through the state which issued license plates and thus get the Motor number of the car? That would probably be the best way to eventually find the car if at all possible since it would probably be the one constant in all of the movement of the car from owner to owner. It would have appeared on any bill of sale when purchased or sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Thanks John, I will pass it on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

Without knowing who she sold it to, or having the VIN number little can be done with state files. She should search her Dad's records if they may still exist. VIN number would be on old license registration, insurance papers or copies of the title if Dad happened to save any of that. I also would suggest that she write the Model T clubs in the state that she thinks she sold it to. Maybe someone would recall it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Pictures, may help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

I think David has a good idea. If she is a customer of the same insurance company that her father used, then the insurance company may indeed be of help. Perhaps they would dig through their records and find one of his old policies that had the VIN on it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

Maybe it went to Mark at Model T Haven? Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration