Interesting 1915 Model T Side Door Bus - Vintage Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interesting 1915 Model T Side Door Bus - Vintage Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David C Jahnke on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Found this photo on the Wisconsin Historical Society web site. They list it as "circa 1922" but the bus appears to be 1915 and freshly built.

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Content.aspx?dsNav=Ny:True,Ro:260,Nrc:id-4294961 467-dynrank-disabled,N:4294963828-4294955414&dsNavOnly=Ntk:P_CollectionName%7cBe nnett%2c+H.+H.%7c3%7c,N:1136&dsRecordDetails=R:IM114215

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

I posted that information to the society, in case they want to update their records.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

I already received a nice note back from the society and they have forwarded my information to their photo collection archivist--the description may change!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

it may be newly built, but in 1915?????? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Charley -- yes I would agree with David Jahnke that a 1915 model year would be correct.

David Jahnke -- thank you so much for sharing that lead. Great photo!

I did not post any photos from the original site because they would like me to purchase a copy before doing so. (That is understandable -- they need to pay for the lights, staff, web site etc.)

Note I actually think it is an early 1915. Why?

Compare the tail light in the old photo with the tail light below that is on the early unrestored 1915 Centerdoor (they were sold Dec 1914, Jan 1915, & Feb 1915). (Photo courtesy of Kim Dobbins who always has some very nice Model Ts. Thank you Kim! He had purchased the Centerdoor that had previously been in the May-Jun 1991 "Model T Times."

That was one style used with the early 1915 cars (E&J #7 was another style used and is shown in the online Encyclopedia at: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/I-O.htm#lamps ) Note that both the E&J as well as the one on the 1915 Centerdoor have the bottom font on the kerosene lamp that is flatter and has a seem that the later 1915-1926 fonts shown below did not have (from: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/tl9.htm )

I believe the front side lamp that is visible also has the very early style.

And of even more interest to me, I believe the right front headlamp that is visible is a "fork mounted" electric headlamp. If anyone does purchase a copy or if you can zoom in and adjust the contrast better and even confirm or correct what I believe I see, please let us know.

And of course the fenders, hood, lights with brass trim, etc. all suggest 1915 with the lights suggesting early 1915.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cutoff

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration