OT OT OT Model A

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT OT OT Model A
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Hi, Iam wanting to play with the studs holes in one of my Model A blocks. Does anyone know of a print for the stud locations? I have a cnc mill and want to get my repairs in the right place. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

Maybe one of the A high-compression head makers has one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Bolt the head on an get one of the kits for drilling out broken studs. The dealers carry them. Or are you wanting to drill new holes to install a different head? You could if you had the correct number, contact the Benson and order the print. You might also post on H.A.M.B and/or Fordbarn.com in the Model A section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

Thanks guys, I think ordering the print is the way to go. It cant cost that much. Anybody have the number? Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Scott,

To order a copy of the original Model A Ford engine block drawing(s) you should contact the Benson Ford Archives. See their page at: https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/digital-resources/popular- topics/ford-parts-drawings that discusses how to order the drawing(s).

Note, from the Price List of Parts copy that I have the part number is A 6010 called Cylinder. My Price List of Parts does NOT show an illustration of the part. But the name Cylinder is also used in the Model T Price List of Parts and in the T Price List of Parts they have the illustration of the engine (called motor in the pamphlet) block.

The page above will point you to the Model A Ford Foundation Parts search page. Or you can click on the following link: http://www.maffi.org/partsresearch/

That brings up a search page. If you put in A 6010 in the part number and Cylinder in the part name it will bring up the items that are available. It will NOT bring up drawing. But you can then order the drawing from the Benson Ford.

When you contact them give them the part number and part name and it will speed things up. Also, if you give them an illustration of what you are looking for (some of them have not worked on cars) that can also be helpful. And in your case, you probably want the drawing that shows the layout of the top of the cylinder block with dimensions and not the bottom or side etc.

Good luck with your project.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 11:51 am:

What are you trying to do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

My repro Stevens T235 Head bolt insert tool will work on a Model A too. You can fix it in the car. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

First thanks Hap for getting me to the place I should be. I have a CNC mill and want to repair bad threads. If I do a cad-cam drawing of the bolt pattern and find my point zero I can put the holes dead on and straight. I know it is over kill but when you have a machine that will do the job why not? If a hole is hogged out how do you know where the center is? It goes to the saying Its a labor of love.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration