Wiring Diagram for 13-14 Coil box Switch?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wiring Diagram for 13-14 Coil box Switch?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 02:14 am:

Dummy me, deleted a photo I'd taken prior to un- wiring coil box switch to clean and polish up. Think I know, but is there such a thing as a wiring diagram?
Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 07:20 am:

Or, a photo? Most interested in centre wire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 07:52 am:

See this thread from 2013: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/397207.html?1382935574

The center wire should go to the bottom strip in the coil box to supply the coils with voltage from either an accessory battery or the Ford magneto connected to each side contact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Thanks Roger, I was able to do that ok with having a sample to check. My main interest is where that wire goes in the switch. I suspect to the lower plate that is under the plate moved by the key. Correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Couture - Mahtomedi MN on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

This is a picture from my 1914 coil box switch. It may have been original based on the disintegrating cloth wrapped wires. On mine, the center wire attaches to the bottom right terminal. The two bottom terminals are connected electrically, so it doesn't matter functionally. The other end is connected to the bottom strip in the box as Roger said above. Sorry about the dark picture, I never planned on it being on the Internet.

1914_Switch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 01:23 am:

Thank you jay, that is what I thought, but needed to be sure and comfortable.
Thanks again!!
Ross

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration