Hood clips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hood clips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Test fitting hoods and hood sides, using existing hood shelves, and new blocks, my hood clips seem to be too far out, toward the fenders, to "catch" the edges of the side panels. I have no welting on the radiator shell or the firewall but I don't think that would take up the slack. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Both the front and the rear clip?
If the front clip fits better than the rear, then maybe it could be a mismatch of hood shelves from a high hood car on a car with low cowl and hood? The firewall is both wider and higher on '24/'25 high hood cars, moving the rear clips further out. (On '26/'27:s there's even extra frame brackets to hold the shelves that are extra wide in the rear.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

I'm sure the shelves that I have are the correct ones for a low hood. Once I get a hood fully together maybe things will fit as they should.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration