Where to find new Stromberg bowl nuts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Where to find new Stromberg bowl nuts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 08:31 am:

I have recently purchased a pair of Stromberg LF's that are in relatively good condition. The only real issue I am having is that the nut that goes on the top of the bowl is missing on both. I believe they are the same as those on the OF's and RF's.

Does anyone know where I can find these? Stan, might you have a pair that you can sell me?

James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Did you find any nuts yet? For your Strombergs! lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Nobody has contacted me, Gene.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

James, I'm not sure what size those nuts are or how deep they are, but these folks have brass high crown acorn nuts in a lot of sizes. Maybe you can find what you need.

http://chrome-stainless.midwestacornnut.com/viewitems/commercial-acorn-nuts/high -crown-commercial-acorn-nuts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Jim, I looked thru my boxes of carbs and looks like I have only a couple but I could make some up if you can't find them anywhere else... Did you contact Stan Howe? He probably has a bin full?

looks like they are all the same size. Let me know.
Don't know what the final cost would be for a run of them. bet somebody else must need one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 03:18 am:

I have an OF that could use one and perhaps a spare or three ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 09:31 am:

I also have an LF that needs one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 09:43 am:

Stan Howe makes his for the restorations he does. It is half inch brass hex, drilled and tapped to 7/16 - 24 and machined on a lathe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Stan supplied the missing nuts on my OF s.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

I need 3 or 4 also

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration