Late 18-27 Oil Caps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Late 18-27 Oil Caps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 12:16 am:

I've wondered this for years, and I believe there was no finish on the oil caps. I think they were supplied bare steel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Most parts that could be easily painted were - and from July 26, 1926 there's a document saying the breather cap was being painted black enamel for the 1927 model year: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#paint3

Don't know if that was a change from before - should be documented on the drawing or the change card.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 09:49 am:

I purchased a dozen NOS oil caps years ago - all bare metal.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration